WHO SHOULD BE ON PrEP?
PrEP is an option for anyone who is HIV negative. PrEP may be especially right for those who:
- Have multiple or anonymous sexual partners
- Do not use condoms, or use condoms irregularly
- Are male and have male sex partners
- Are transgender or of trans-experience
- Use injection drugs or mood-altering drugs such as alcohol, methamphetamine, cocaine, or ecstasy
- Have survival sex in exchange for money, drugs, housing, etc.
- Have a partner living with HIV or a partner whose HIV status is unknown
IS PrEP AFFORDABLE?
- With or without insurance, there are options for accessing PrEP right away
- PrEP is covered by most insurance plans
- We work hard to make sure that you have to pay little-to-nothing for PrEP Services
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED?
To get started on PrEP, call 585.454.PrEP (7737) and a PrEP Specialist will schedule your first appointment. At that appointment, you will receive:
- HIV testing
- Routine lab work
- Screening for STIs and hepatitis
- A meeting with a PrEP Specialist and a Provider (via video visit)
WHAT IF I THINK I’VE BEEN EXPOSED TO HIV?
PEP is a pill for people who may have been exposed to HIV within the last 72 hours. PEP stops HIV exposure from becoming an HIV infection. PEP should be started as soon as possible after an exposure. Potential exposures to HIV include:
- Condomless sex with a partner who is living with HIV or of unknown HIV status
- Sharing syringes or needles
PEP is available at our pharmacy 24/7. Call 800.923.9394 anytime to be connected to PEP. Cost will never be an issue — we work hard to make sure that you have to pay little-to-nothing for PEP Services.